- Safe for all hair types, including color and chemically treated hair
- Cruelty-free, certified by the Coalition for Consumer Information on Cosmetics (Leaping Bunny Certification)
Step 1 Penetrate/ Step 2 Encapsulate
- Wash hair with Lubricity Labs Q-Shampoo. Do not condition. Dry hair completely.
- Section clean, dry hair into four even sections to ensure complete saturation of all hair strands during application.
- Cut off the tip of the included applicator to create an opening. Attach applicator tip to the Step 1 Penetrate bottle.
- Apply Step 1 Penetrate to hair. Evenly apply throughout hair. Repeat until all hair is fully saturated and feels very wet. Use entire bottle
- Cover hair with the included plastic cap. Wash hands thoroughly and blot any excess product from neck and face, especially around the hairline.
- After 15 minutes, remove cap and apply Step 2 Encapsulate to hair, pouring the solution into hands and applying liberally from root to tip, using the entire bottle. After fully coating hair, comb through to distribute evenly.
- Cover hair again with plastic cap. Wash hands thoroughly and blot any excess product from neck and face, especially around the hairline.
- Remove plastic cap and rinse hair thoroughly with cool water. Style as desired.
- Shake well before use
- Apply Q-Shampoo to wet hair
- Massage at the roots and work evenly through hair to the tips
- Rinse well
- Follow with Q-Condition
- Shake well before use
- After washing with Q-Shampoo, apply Q-Condition to wet hair
- Spread evenly from root to tip
- For best results, comb Q-Condition through your hair and let is sit for at least 2 minutes before rinsing off
- Rinse well
Q: Do I have to wear gloves to apply the 2-Step Treatment?
A: It is not required to wear gloves during the 2-Step Treatment, however, if you have sensitive skin, but be sure to wash hands thoroughly after applying each step. Step 1 Penetrate has a pH level similar to lemon juice so some temporary irritation may occur. If you spill the treatment, immediately wipe up product off any surfaces and blot away any excess product from face and neck, especially around the hairline. Do not let the treatment come in contact with skin, eyes, mouth or nose, or clothing. Rinse well with water if contact occurs.
Q: Do I rinse out Step 1 Penetrate before applying Step 2 Encapsulate?
A: No, Step 2 Encapsulate is applied on top of Step 1 Penetrate.
Q: Do I have to use the entire bottle of Step 1 Penetrate and Step 2 Encapsulate in a single use?
A: Yes, each bottle of Step 1 Penetrate and Step 2 Encapsulate is intended to be used fully as a single use treatment.
Q: Should I expect to see instant results, after using The Lubricity System?
A: The Lubricity System is just that – a system. While many people do see immediate results, others realize the full smoothing effects of the treatment after 4-5 washes with Q-Shampoo and Q-Condition. Maintain your results with continued use of Q-Shampoo and Q-Condition.
- Q: Do I need to shampoo and condition my hair immediately following the treatment?
A: No, you only need to rinse hair thoroughly with cold water immediately after the treatment.
Q: Is there a mandatory waiting period after the 2-Step Treatment for washing hair?
A: No, you can resume your normal routine using Q-Shampoo and Q-Condition immediately following, there is no mandatory waiting period. The same goes for pulling your hair back, wearing a hat, adding a barrette, etc.; whatever your hair routine may be, you can resume it without a waiting period.
Q: Will The Lubricity System cause my hair to lose its natural texture or color treatment?
A: No, unlike other treatments currently on the market, The Lubricity System will smooth, rather than straighten, your hair’s natural texture. You are left with incredibly soft, shiny hair that is more manageable without frizzing or fuzzing, no matter your hair type. The same is true for color treated hair. By using The Lubricity System immediately after you color your hair, the treatment will lock down the cuticle, holding in the color pigment and extending the life of your color up to 40% longer. For best results, we suggest applying The Lubricity Sytem 2-Step Treatment immediately after your next color appointment
Q: Will the 2-Step Treatment damage my hair?
A: No, Lubricity Labs products use science, instead of heat, to lock in hair’s natural moisture and block out humidity, pollutants and other external factors that cause hair to frizz. No heat means no harmful side effects, nor damage to your hair. All Lubricity Labs ingredients are naturally derived, without harmful fumes, formaldehyde and other toxins commonly found in straightening treatments.
Q: How long does The Lubricity System 2-Step Treatment last?
A: The 2-Step Treatment lasts for 3-6 months, depending on a few factors. If you color your hair, wash it daily and/or frequently heat-style your locks,we suggest using The Lubricity Smoothing System instead of The Lubricity System 2-Step Treatment as you can continually treat your hair with Q-Restore Smoothing Masque. If you do not color your hair, use zero to moderate heat when styling your hair, and wash your strands only a couple of times a week, you will likely see longer results with The Lubricity System 2-Step Treatment. Regular use of Q-Shampoo and Q-Condition also helps maintain the effects, meaning more time between treatments and enhanced results.
Q: Are Lubricity Labs products tested on animals?
A: No! All Lubricity Labs products are certified cruelty-free by the Coalition for Consumer Information on Cosmetics (Leaping Bunny Certification).
Q: Are there Parabens, Added-Sulfates, Formaldehyde, or other harmful ingredients in Lubricity Labs products?
A: No, all ingredients in Lubricity Labs products are naturally derived, sourced from items such as green apples, coconuts, and palm nuts.
Q: How long do Lubricity Labs products last?
A: All Lubricity Labs products last for up to 12 months, once they have been opened.
Step 1 Penetrate
Penetrate Water (Aqua), Glycolic Acid, Panthenol, Aminomethyl Propanol, Cetrimonium Bromide, Hydrolyzed Silk, Polyquaternium-7, Sodium Hydroxymethylglycinate.
Step 2 Encapsulate
Encapsulate Water (Aqua), Glycolic Acid, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Panthenol, Cyclopentasiloxane, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Aminomethyl Propanol, Cetyl Alcohol, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Fragrance (Parfum), Hydroxypropyltrimonium Honey, Stearyl Alcohol, Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Leaf Juice, Dimethiconol, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Hydrolyzed Adansonia Digitata Seed Extract, Hydrolyzed Quinoa, Polyquaternium-44, Polyquaternium-7, Propylene Glycol, Quaternium-26, Sodium Hydroxymethylglycinate, Cetrimonium Chloride, Disodium EDTA.
Water (Aqua), Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Sodium C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Glycerin, Cocamide MEA, PEG-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Methyl Gluceth-10, PEG-6 Caprylic/Capric Glycerides, Fragrance (Parfum), PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Citric Acid, Polyquaternium-7, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Hydrolyzed Quinoa, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Hydroxymethylglycinate, Dimethiconol, Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Leaf Juice.
Water (Aqua), Glycolic Acid, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Panthenol, Cyclopentasiloxane, Aminomethyl Propanol, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Hydroxypropyltrimonium Honey, Stearyl Alcohol, Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Leaf Juice, Dimethiconol, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Hydrolyzed Adansonia Digitata Seed Extract, Hydrolyzed Quinoa, Polyquaternium-44, Polyquaternium-7, Propylene Glycol, Quaternium-26, Sodium Hydroxymethylglycinate, Cetrimonium Chloride, Disodium EDTA.